How to add Facebook messenger to your website
Are you looking for a free and easy way to add a live chat function to your website?
A live chat button is a great way to interact with your customers in real-time, if they have a quick question about your product or service.
Facebook messenger is the perfect tool, it’s simple to set up and it won’t cost you a penny. Before you start, make sure you can access the header code of your website - you’ll need to drop a little bit of code in there at the end.
Here’s a step-by-step guide, to show you how you do it:
1) Head over to your business Facebook page
2) Click on settings
3) Click on messenger platform
4) Scroll down to customer chat plugin and click the set up button
5) Change your messenger greeting and hit next
6) Next you can change the chat button to your brand colour (the text colour will be white, so make sure the colour you choose is dark enough) then hit next
7) Add your website in the box (including the https://) - copy and paste if needed!
8) Then copy the code on the right and click finish.
9) Finally, paste your code into the <body> section of each page you’d like it to appear on your website.
If you’re not sure how to input the code on your website, I’ve included some links below:
Squarespace websites click here.
Wordpress websites click here.
Wix websites click here
And now you’ll have a brand new button, live on your website.. doesn’t it look great?!
Any questions, drop me a Facebook message and I’ll be happy to help!